Junior IT Service Desk Engineer
Job Ref: 155
Techn22 is an MSP with the northern office based in Bamber Bridge, Preston. We are currently recruiting for a Junior IT Support Engineer to join the Preston Team.
This is an interesting and dynamic role. As an MSP, we see ourselves as an IT partner to our customers. You will be helping to provide them with the best levels of support and services, occasionally assisting in projects, updating and onboarding new customers.
This will be a varied role as you never know what each call holds. This would be a great opportunity for someone keen to learn and looking to start an IT career in a support and services environment. There will be in-house training and time allocated as well as a wealth of knowledge and great on-the-job skills transfer that other engineers will be looking to share.
- Supporting customers whenever they call with any challenges with computers, software, and connectivity issues.
- Provide the best level of support to our customers on all matters of IT
- Record and update all IT requests and incidents accurately and thoroughly through the company’s IT Service Management system
- Working with the team to support and carry out any support work and assist in any upcoming project to further enhance your learning opportunities
Desirable skills and qualifications but not essential:
- Computer or IT-related degree or qualification. (Preferred not essential)
- Any understanding of Cloud computing and what it is
- Any experience in Active Directory, DNS, M365 or any other IT fields
- During the probation period, we will put together a training plan with goals and exams to pass to complete within this period, reasonable training time provided.
- 1+ years equivalent working experience within a customer-facing role
- Experience supporting a user base in a typical Windows desktop environment.
- Have a good understanding of Workstation/ Server environments. Any experience or knowledge of a domain model
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft M365 with the ability to support and help Users with basic administration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling good verbal and written communication. IT training is much easier to transfer than good customer skills, so this is an essential requirement.
- Comfortable on the telephone in a friendly but professional manner.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using your initiative.
- Able to demonstrate care and attention to detail whilst being polite and helpful with any support requests.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- A keen willingness to learn
- A full UK driving license.
- We empower all passionate technology-loving professionals by helping them to achieve goals and learn new technologies, assisting them to expand their skills and taking part in inspiring projects and tasks.
- Company training plan – enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses and qualifications
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big or small we just want you to think, you are part of a Team, but you are also seen as an individual
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
Please apply now for immediate consideration!
What to do next
If interested in this position, please apply now with a cover letter and your CV.
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Should you be interviewed for our vacancy (either remotely or face to face), you will always receive considered feedback from us once a decision has been reached.
Thank you for showing an interest in this opportunity