Job Ref: 158
Job Profile and Expectations
We are recruiting an audit senior, based at our head office in London.
The ideal candidate must be self-driven, determined, motivated, and can multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
This is a client facing role.
The recruitment process involves preparing a detailed cover note stating why you would be a suitable candidate for this role, and providing this to us alongside your full CV.
If the applicant demonstrates the required skill, he/she will be invited for an interview with senior members of the audit team.
- Primarily responsible for completion of planning
- Preparation of Information Request
- Preparation of Assignment Terms Letter
- Discussion with manager/partner to enhance planning
- Responsible for initial drafting of financial statements and liaising with corporation tax department
- Primary on-site/remote contact for client, responsible for building and developing client relationships
- Driving on-site/remote audit process, ensuring adherence to budget
- Responsible for notifying Manager/Partner of any issues, likely deviations from budget or potential extensions to scope of work
- Tackling complex areas of audit file
- Delivery of audit areas ready for review to Partner and Manager
- Available to junior staff members to answer queries, enhance their understanding and review their work
- Document adjusting and unadjusting journals
- Responsible for updating client regularly on progress and outstanding information
- Process final agreed adjusting journals into the accounts
- Primarily responsible for delivering a clean file to the Manager ready for final review
- Responsible for making final updates to accounts ready for Partner/Manager review
- Responsible overall for clearing review points
- Responsible for completing assessment reports for Juniors and Semi-Seniors
- Responsible for preparation of Letter of Rep and Management Letter
- Ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Involvement in monthly audit training
- Championing professional/technical standards, in particular correct use of software and agreed auditing practices
- Responsibility for mentoring junior staff in mentor groups
- Involvement in driving extra-curricular activities encouraged, e.g. Social, IT, Marketing
- Attendance at meetings with clients is encouraged where possible, both at planning and completion stages
- Attendance with partner at ad hoc meetings is encouraged where possible, to enhance training and development
- Driving personal development
- Carry out mentoring sessions of junior team
- Challenging status quo (e.g. challenging established but perhaps inefficient practices)
- Ensuring familiarity with BM service offerings